Spicy rice and chicken enchiladas
Spicy succulent strips of chicken, onion and peppers mixed with sweetcorn, rice and cheese served in a warm tortilla.
1 x Old El Paso Original Enchilada Dinner Kit
450g boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
450ml hot vegetable stock
125g easy cook long grain rice
150g mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 x can sweetcorn, drained
1 x red pepper, deseeded and diced
1 x green pepper, deseeded and diced
1 x onion, chopped
1tbsp corn oil
A handful of freshly chopped coriander
Kit contains: 8 x Old El Paso Soft Corn Tortillas, 1 x Old El Paso Original Enchilada Spice Mix, 1 x Old El Paso Tomato Sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4 and lightly grease a large ovenproof dish.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and stir fry the chicken and onion over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes, until the chicken is lightly browned. Stir in the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
3. Mix the Old El Paso Original Enchilada Spice Mix with both sachets of the Old El Paso Tomato Sauce and 150ml hot water.
4. Pour half of this mixture over the rice, with the stock, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in the peppers and sweetcorn, cover and simmer for a further 5 minutes, until the rice is tender, the chicken is thoroughly cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed. Stir in half of the cheese and the fresh coriander.
6. Warm the Old El Paso Soft Corn Tortillas, following the instructions on the pack.
7. Grab the first Old El Paso Soft Corn Tortillas and spoon over some of the rice and cheese mixture down the centre. Roll and place fold side down in an ovenproof dish. Repeat with remaining Old El Paso Soft Corn Tortillas, then pour over the cheese sauce.
8. Bake for 10 minutes until golden and bubbling.
Make it your way
A great sharing dish – help yourself to a couple of enchiladas and eat with a fresh green salad, scatter with the rest of the grated cheese.
For veggie rice enchiladas, swap the chicken for a tin of kidney or black beans.