Prawn And Mango Taco Salad
Total Time 30 Minutes
Spice Level Medium
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Taco Seasoning Mix
- Juice of 3 limes (about 80ml)
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 500g raw peeled prawns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 tin (425g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large mango, peeled, stone removed and chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, stone removed and chopped
- Tortilla chips or Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™
- Mix 1 tablespoon taco seasoning and remaining dressing ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting cover, then shake and set aside.
- Combine the prawns and remaining taco seasoning mix in a medium bowl and toss together until evenly coated.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the prawns over a medium to high heat, for 3-4 minutes, until cooked and just turning golden. You may need to do this in 2 batches so the prawns crisp and just golden rather than steamed.
- Divide the lettuce between 6 serving plates then top with the prawns, black beans, mango, pepper and avocado. Drizzle with dressing and serve with tortilla chips or Nachips™.
- Cook the prawns on the bbq for an extra smoked flavour to this salad.
- Scatter a handful of chopped coriander into the salad for some extra flavour.