Smooth Pesto Guacamole
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hours 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, stones removed and flesh chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100g pesto sauce, fresh or from a jar
- 80g crème fraîche
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Few fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Place the avocado, lemon juice, pesto sauce and crème fraiche in a food processor and pulse until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, if you like.
- Cover the surface closely with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavours to blend. Scatter over the pine nuts, garnish with the basil leaves and serve.
- Swap the basil pesto for sun-dried tomato, red pepper or chilli pesto, if you like.
- For an extra vibrant colour and even more flavour, stir in a handful of shredded fresh basil leaves just before serving.
- Don’t just dip! Spread this ultra smooth guac onto slices of toasted or char-grilled gluten-free sourdough bread. Top with roasted cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese shavings.
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.