Vegan Crunchy Bean & Pepper Pockets
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Tortilla Pockets™ Kit
- 1 x 425g tin Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 200g white cabbage, finely sliced
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the onion and peppers for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the black beans, the seasoning mix from the kit and 2 tablespoons of water and cook, stirring, for a further minute.
- Heat the pockets to pack instructions.
- Serve the warmed pockets with the pepper and bean mixture, white cabbage and the salsa from the kit in separate bowls, and let everyone fill their own pockets their own way.
- Switch out the black beans for any other tinned pulses you have in your store cupboard such as red kidney or cannellini.
- Peppers can be interchanged with other quick frying vegetables, such as sliced mushrooms or courgettes.
- Cooking Vegan? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegan. Products and ingredient sources can change.