Cheesy Bacon Bean Quesadillas
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 12 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 8 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Regular Flour Tortillas
- 1/2 tin (400g) Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 200g Cheddar, grated (or a mix of Cheddar and Red Leicester)
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 25g butter, melted
- Old El Paso™ Thick ‘N’ Chunky Salsa
- Soured cream
- Cook the bacon rashers under a pre-heated grill for 5-7 minutes, turning occasionally until very crisp. Remove and drain on kitchen paper. Leave to cool then roughly chop.
- Spread half of each tortilla with some refried beans then top with grated cheese, chopped bacon and spring onions. Fold each tortilla over the filling with a spatula and press down gently. Lightly brush both sides of each tortilla with melted butter.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Cook 2 quesadillas at a time, for 3-4 minutes, turning once until golden brown and heated through. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and soured cream.
- Use strips of ready cooked crispy bacon to save time – you’ll find packs near the deli meats in most large supermarkets.
- Serve with sliced tomato and cucumber salad or crisp coleslaw for a filling lunch or supper.