Chipotle Beef Fajitas
Total Time 20 Minutes
Spice Level Hot
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 medium green or red pepper, sliced
- 225 g sirloin steak, sliced
- 1 packet (25 g) Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chipotle paste or sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Regular flour tortillas, warmed
- 80 g guacamole
- 80 g soured cream
- Handful of shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, seeds removed and diced
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and cook the onion and pepper for 3 to 4 minutes, over medium-high heat. Stir in the beef and continue to cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Mix together the taco seasoning, lime juice, chipotle paste and honey in a small bowl then add to the beef, and vegetable mixture. Cook for a further 2 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Spoon the beef and vegetables evenly down the center of each tortilla. Top with guacamole, soured cream, shredded lettuce and/or chopped tomatoes. Roll up each tortilla around filling.
- This can also be cooked on the grill plate of a bbq. Toss all the vegetables and steak into the taco mixture before placing onto the grill plate. Cook for 5 minutes with the lid down, or until the beef and veg are done to your liking.