- Cooking spray or oil, to grease
- 12 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 8 medium eggs
- 75ml semi skimmed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 jars (344g) Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 1 pack (326g) Old El Paso™ Super Soft Regular Flour Tortillas (8 count)
- 175g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (180ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 6. Grease a rectangular baking dish, 33x23cm, with cooking spray or oil. Place the bacon onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and turn the temperature down 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4. Break the bacon into pieces.
- Beat the eggs together with the milk and cumin in medium bowl and season. Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat and pour in the egg mixture. Cook for 5 minutes, lifting and folding the eggs a few times, until just cooked. Remove from the heat.
- Pour half of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish. Divide the egg and bacon between the tortillas, then top with 3/4 of the cheese. Roll up and place seam side down into the baking dish and pour over the remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cook for 25 minutes, until melted and beginning to turn golden.
TipsServe these enchiladas with a soured cream and garnish with chopped fresh coriander.
Stir freshly chopped coriander into the egg mixture for added flavour.
Cook mushrooms and garlic together and stir into the egg mixture for an extra veggie hit.