Quick & Tasty Mexican Beef Recipes
Looking for fast, flavourful dinners to share with loved ones? Say hello to Old El Paso's beef mince recipes. They're delicious, fun and perfect for busy families who just don't have the time to prepare elaborate spreads.
Reinventing Beef Mince – The Mexican Way
Mexican cuisine is all about variety and taste, and our Mexican beef recipes pack both. They bring out the best in beef mince – simmered in tangy tomato sauce, sprinkled with zesty spices or wrapped in rich, soft tortillas. Imagine all the fun you and your family will have, digging into these hearty feasts.
Beef Enchilada Mini Tacos
Love enchiladas but don’t like all the rolling and stuffing? Make it easy with this recipe - all the flavour in a pick-up version!
Recipe NameBeef Enchilada Mini Tacos
Total Time45 minutes
- 20g butter, melted
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N Stuff™ Mini Soft Tortilla Boats
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 250g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 x 344g jar Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 75ml water
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, drained and chopped
- 60g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 5.
- Brush the melted butter all over the mini tortillas and place in a large rectangular ovenproof dish. Bake for 5-8 minutes until brown and firm to the touch. The tortillas will crisp slightly as they cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes then add the garlic and beef and cook for 5 minutes, stirring all the time, until the beef is browned. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in the jalapeños, enchilada sauce and water and simmer for a further 10 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the mixture into the tortillas and top with the grated cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve garnished with chopped spring onions.
- Got a crowd to feed? This recipe is easily doubled - just cook up double the ingredients and use 2 large baking dishes.
- For a milder flavour replace the sliced jalapeños with 1 chopped green pepper.