- 1 tablespoon vegetable or olive oil
- 500 g beef mince
- 1 pack (25 g) Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 250 g basmati rice
- 600 ml water
- 1 jar (226 g) Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
- 200 g tinned or frozen sweetcorn
- 75 g Mexican style cheese or Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 little gem lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Soured cream
1. Heat oil in 24 cm deep frying pan over medium heat until hot. Add beef mince, cook 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cooked.
2. Stir in taco seasoning mix, rice, water, salsa and corn. Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring once to check that rice isn’t sticking to the bottom. Remove from the heat and let stand 5 minutes.
3. Fluff the rice mixture with a fork and sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and let stand 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with the lettuce, tomato and sour cream, if desired.
Make into a burrito by rolling up into tortillas with some extra salsa, and the sour cream!