- 1 x 435g tin Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ Seasoning Mix for Fajitas (any flavour)
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Regular Flour Tortillas (8 tortillas)
- 200g cooked chicken, skin removed and thinly sliced
- 250g ready-grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander, plus extra to garnish
- 125g Old El Paso™ Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- Lime wedges
- Combine the refried beans and seasoning mix in a medium bowl. Spread 1/4 of the mixture over each of 4 of the tortillas, leaving a 1cm border around the edges.
- Arrange the sliced chicken, cheese and coriander evenly over the refried bean mixture. Top with the remaining 4 tortillas, pressing down gently.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a low heat. Cook one quesadilla at a time, for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden and the cheese is melted.
- Cut each quesadilla into wedges. Serve garnished with the extra coriander and with the salsa and lime wedges.
Replace the mozzarella with fuller-flavoured grated mature Cheddar, Emmental or Gruyère, if you like.
You can prepare the quesadillas up to 1 hour before cooking. Stack between baking paper on a plate, cover with cling film and place in the fridge until required.