- 500g chicken breast fillets
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 227g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 275g jar Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 400ml chicken stock
- 175g frozen, fresh or tinned sweet corn
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons mild chilli powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 Old El Paso™ Street Market White Corn Tortillas, cut into 3cm strips
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Place the chicken fillets into a slow cooker pot with all the remaining ingredients except the coriander leaves.
- Cover and cook on a low heat setting for 6-7 hours.
- Remove the chicken fillets with a slotted spoon and roughly shred. Return to the slow cooker and stir to combine. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Top the soup with sliced spring onions or crushed tortilla chips.
Cooking the corn tortilla strips in the soup the whole time thickens the soup naturally and gives the soup some added texture.