- 215g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed (130g drained weight)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large ripe avocados, peeled, stones removed and flesh chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 80g feta cheese, crumbled
- Place the chickpeas, garlic, onion (reserving 1/2 tablespoon for garnish), lemon juice and avocado in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the salt and nearly all the parsley and feta cheese. Season with freshly ground black pepper, if you like.
- Cover the surface closely with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavours to blend. Garnish with the reserved onion and the remaining parsley and feta cheese and serve.
Stir 50g drained and finely chopped roasted peppers (from a jar) into the guacamole just before serving, if you like.
For extra flavour marinate the crumbled feta in 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano for 10 minutes before stirring into the mixture.
Don’t just dip! Roast halved and deseeded mini sweet peppers until tender and lighty charred. Cool, then fill each pepper half with a spoonful of the guac, scatter over chopped olives and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil.
Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.