• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
• 500g lean beef mince
• 1 jar (344g) Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
• 1 tin (170g) evaporated milk
• 450g rigatoni pasta
• 1 tin (198g) sweetcorn with peppers
• 1 litre hot water
• 75g spicy Mexican cheese or Cheddar cheese, grated
• Spring onions, finely chopped
• Roughly crushed Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™
• Fresh chopped coriander
Instructions1. Heat the oil in a large deep flameproof casserole over a medium heat. Add the beef mince and fry for 6-7 minutes, stirring frequently until browned all over.
2. Stir in the enchilada sauce, evaporated milk, pasta, corn and the hot water. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender and the liquid has reduced and thickened. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Remove from the heat, stir in the cheese until just melted. Divide between 6 warmed serving bowls and top with chopped spring onions, crushed Nachips™ and chopped coriander.
- Add some chopped Old El Paso™ sliced red jalapeños for extra spice.
- Make sure the pasta is just covered by the liquid to ensure that it cooks – add a little extra water after about 15 minutes, if needed.