- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, stones removed and flesh chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 100g pesto sauce, fresh or from a jar
- 80g crème fraîche
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Few fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Place the avocado, lemon juice, pesto sauce and crème fraiche in a food processor and pulse until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, if you like.
- Cover the surface closely with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavours to blend. Scatter over the pine nuts, garnish with the basil leaves and serve.
Swap the basil pesto for sun-dried tomato, red pepper or chilli pesto, if you like.
For an extra vibrant colour and even more flavour, stir in a handful of shredded fresh basil leaves just before serving.
Don’t just dip! Spread this ultra smooth guac onto slices of toasted or char-grilled gluten-free sourdough bread. Top with roasted cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese shavings.
Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.
Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.