- 1 packet of Old El Paso™ Original Smoky BBQ Spice Mix for Fajitas
- A handful of chopped coriander
- Lots of lemon wedges on the side
- 1 jar of Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n’ Chunky Mild Salsa
- 175 g basmati and wild rice
- 150 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 salad onions, finely sliced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast fillets, sliced
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 1 zesty lemon, juiced
- 3 tbsp corn or sunflower oil
- Tip the rice into boiling water and cook for about 25 minutes. Drain well and leave it to cool.
- While the rice is cooking, grab a mixing bowl. Add the Spice Mix for Original Smoky BBQ Fajitas and a 2 tbsp of oil. Mix with half the lemon juice. Then throw in the chicken and coat it with the mixture.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat, then toss in the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes each side, or cook under a preheated grill until thoroughly cooked. Cut into chunky slices.
- Pour the remaining oil, lemon juice and chopped coriander into a bowl and stir it up for a zesty dressing
- Pour the dressing over the rice, add the Thick ‘n’ Chunky Mild Salsa, meaty chicken chunks and diced avocado.
- Squeeze on a lemon wedge with a sprinkling of fresh herbs for a bit of extra zing. Grab some plates, get around the table and dig in.