- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Seasoning Mix for Fajitas
- 3 rump steaks (200g each)
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Stand 'N' Stuff™ Soft Flour Tortillas
- 4 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Thick ‘N’ Chunky Salsa To Serve
- Lime wedges
- Mix the oil and fajita seasoning mix in a large shallow dish. Add the steaks and turn to coat in the mixture. Add the onion and peppers and toss until evenly coated in seasoning mix.
- Heat a large cast-iron griddle pan over a high heat. Add the steaks and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning once, until seared and internal temperature is a minimum of 63ºC. Remove from the pan, cover and set aside to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the onion and peppers to the hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes over a high heat until lightly charred, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas according to the pack instructions.
- Thinly slice the steaks and toss together with the onion and peppers. Divide between the warmed tortillas. Top each with a spoonful of salsa and serve with lime wedges, to squeeze.
- The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the steaks.
- You can cook the steaks on the edges of a hot barbecue and the pepper and onion mix on a foil tray on the barbecue for an al fresco supper.