Ingredients• 1 tin (435g) Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
• 100g tinned or frozen sweetcorn
• 200g microwave white rice, heated to pack instructions
• 100g panko bread crumbs
• 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
• 1 small handful fresh coriander, chopped
• 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Seasoning Mix for Tacos
• 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
• 12 lettuce leaves
• 2 tomatoes, sliced and halved
• 2 avocados, peeled, stone removed and sliced
Instructions1. Mix the beans, sweetcorn, rice, bread crumbs, onion, coriander and taco seasoning mix in a medium bowl. Shape the mixture into 12 patties, then place onto a greaseproof paper lined baking sheet and refrigerate at least 20 minutes (for easier handling refrigerate up to 2 hours).
2. Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil and cook half of the patties in oil for 3 minutes on each side, until a brown crust forms. Repeat with the remaining oil and patties.
3. Serve on the lettuce leaves with tomatoes and avocado.
Tips• These burgers are delicious with a drizzle of hot sauce.
• These are also delicious on burger buns!