- 300g white or red cabbage, trimmed and shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 tin (400g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 8 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N' Stuff Whole Wheat Soft Tortillas
- 8 radishes, thinly sliced
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- Mix the shredded cabbage with half the lime juice and oil in a medium bowl. Stir in the fresh coriander and 1/2 teaspoon of the cumin and half the salt. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Mix the avocado with the remaining lime juice and salt in a small bowl. Mash coursely with a fork. Cover and set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a medium non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes until soft. Stir in the chickpeas, remaining cumin and salt along with the ground coriander. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the chickpeas are heated through.
- Heat the tacos as directed on the packaging. Divide the mashed avocado between the tacos and top with the cabbage, chickpeas, radishes and feta cheese.
- For a less crunchy cabbage mixture leave covered for about 30 minutes. The lime juice and oil will soften the cabbage the longer you leave it.
- Feta cheese has a great tangy flavour and crumbly texture which goes well in this recipe but you can use Parmesan shavings or crumbled goats’ cheese instead, if liked.