Arroz con Pollo
Total Time 50 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 200 g easy-cook long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of saffron
- 450 ml chicken stock
- 125 g Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
- 125 g frozen peas
- Heat half of the oil in a shallow flameproof casserole dish (or heavy-based frying pan), to medium, and cook the chicken for 5 minutes, turning, once, until golden. Remove and place to one side.
- Heat the remaining oil in the dish and cook the onion and pepper for 5 minutes. Add the rice, cumin and saffron and continue to cook for 2 minutes before stirring in the chicken stock and salsa. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 minutes. Place the chicken back into the pan with the peas, turn the heat down to low, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to rest for 5 minutes, before removing the lid and serving.
- Alternatively use pork loin steaks instead of chicken breasts.
- Add in more vegetables when cooking the onion and pepper. Why not try chopped courgette or carrot.