Char-Grilled Steak Fajita Tacos
Total Time 30 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 2 x 225g sirloin steaks (each at least 1.5cm thick)
- 1/2 pack Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Seasoning Mix for Fajitas
- 1 large onion, thickly sliced
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 large green pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Stand 'N' Stuff Soft Flour Tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved, stoned and diced
- Soured cream
- Lime wedges
- Sprinkle both side of the steaks generously with the fajita seasoning, pressing it gently into the flesh. Leave for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large cast iron griddle pan over a very high heat. Cook the steaks in the hot pan for 3-5 minutes on each side, until charred and cooked to your liking. Transfer to a warmed plate and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the onion and peppers to the hot griddle pan and cook for 4-5 minutes until just tender and lightly charred, turning occasionally. Meanwhile warm the flour tortillas as directed on the packaging.
- Transfer the steaks to a chopping board and thinly slice. Divide the steak, peppers and onion between the warmed tortillas. Top with the avocado. Serve with soured cream and lime wedges to squeeze.
- The steak can be cooked on a hot barbecue and the onion and peppers around the cooler edges of the barbecue.
- Spoon some Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky Salsa into the base of each warmed flour tortilla before adding the steak and vegetables.
- Serve with a side of Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™.