Easy Chicken Burrito
Prep 10 Minutes
Total Time 10 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- Old El Paso™ Super Soft Flour Tortillas
- Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 1 Old El Paso™ Thick ’N’ Chunky Salsa Tomato Salsa
- 250g cooked rice
- 500g shredded leftover cooked chicken
- 250g grated cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- Pierce the soft flour tortillas package and warm it in the microwave for 35-45 seconds.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread a thin layer of the refried beans over each tortilla, almost to the edge. The refried beans help to hold the ingredients and tortillas together.
- Add cooked rice, again spreading with the back of a spoon, leaving a gap of about 3cm from the edge of the tortilla.
- On top of the rice, add sliced avocado forming a rectangular shaped “column”. Fresh ingredients like lettuce, red cabbage, or tomato work great, too.
- Use a fork to shred the leftover chicken into bite-sized chunks and layer on top of the column of avocado.
- Alternatively, to prepare uncooked chicken, place oil in large frying pan over a medium heat, add the chicken and cook until the meat is golden in colour no longer be pink inside.
- Spoon a dollop of salsa on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle grated chicken on top of the salsa.
- Option: add your favourite Mexican garnishes like coriander, chillies, radishes, or a squeeze of lime.
- To Serve:
Now it’s time to roll. Position the tortilla, so the “column” runs left to right and fold in the two sides using both hands.
- Then tightly roll the tortilla from the bottom to the top while maintaining the edges’ firm grip.
- Cut the burrito in half and serve with crisps, tortilla chips, or even French fries.
- Or, for a more authentic Mission Burrito style, wrap the burrito in foil — perfect for packed lunches or on the go.