Cheesy Mexican Lasagne
Total Time 1 Hours 35 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 x 226g jar Old El Paso™ Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 500g lean beef mince (5-10% fat content)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 x 35g sachet Old El Paso™ Sweet Paprika & Garlic Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 1 x 435g tin Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 6 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Flour Tortillas
- 250g ready-grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 6. Grease a 23cm springform tin with oil. Spread 50g of the salsa in the bottom of the pan. Reserve another 50g of the salsa in small bowl and set aside.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon of the oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef, onion and bell pepper and cook for 8-9 minutes, until the beef is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Drain off any excess fat, if needed. Add the seasoning mix and remaining salsa and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Spread 1/5 of the refried beans on top of 1 tortilla and place in the tin over the salsa. Spoon 1/5 of the beef mixture on top. Sprinkle with 1/6 of the cheese, then repeat the layering 4 times. Top with the remaining tortilla, spread the reserved salsa over the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cover with greased foil and bake for 40 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 5-7 minutes or until the filling is hot and the cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the inside of the tin pan; and remove the springform tin ring. Sprinkle over the coriander and cut into 8 wedges to serve.
- Place the springform tin on a baking sheet to catch any possible drips.
- For easy cutting, use a long serrated knife.