Total Time 2 Hours
- 325 ml orange-flavored liqueur
- 250 ml lime juice
- 30 ml to 45 ml icing sugar, if desired
- 1 L ice cubes, crushed
- 2limes, cut into wedges, if desired
- 125 ml coarse salt, if desired
- 150 ml tequila
- In blender or food processor, place orange liqueur, lime juice, icing sugar and ice. Cover and blend until smooth. Spoon into non-metal freezer container. Cover and freeze until almost firm, approx. 2 to 2 1/2 hours. If mixture freezes completely, let stand at room temperature about 30 minutes.
- Into blender or food processor, spoon orange liqueur mixture; blend until slushy.
- Rub rims of glasses with lime wedges; dip in salt to coat. Place 125 ml slush in each salt-rimmed glass; add 15ml to 30 ml tequila. Garnish with lime wedges.