Mexican Pepperoni Pizzas
Total Time 25 Minutes
Spice Level Hot
- Cooking spray or vegetable oil
- 12 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Flour Tortillas
- 1 tin (435 g) Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 125 g Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
- 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce
- 40 slices pepperoni
- 175 g Mexican-style cheese or Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- Lime wedges, if desired
- Preheat the oven to 220 ºC (200 ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 7. Grease 2 baking sheets with cooking spray or oil. Spray or brush both sides of each tortilla and place onto the baking sheets. Cook in the oven for 3 minutes or until the bottoms become slightly crisp. Turn the tortillas over and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until the bottoms are slightly crisp (tortillas will continue to crisp upon cooling). Remove the tortillas to a cooling rack and let cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 180 ºC (160 ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4.
- Meanwhile, mix together the refried beans, salsa and chipotle sauce in a medium bowl.
- Spread the refried bean mixture (about 3 tablespoons) on each cooled tortilla, leaving a 1-2 cm edge. Top with pepperoni slices (3 per tortilla) and cheese.
- Cook the tortillas in the oven for 6-7 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
- Great also served with jalapeños and soured cream. Double the fun! Stack 2 pizzas on top of one another before baking the second time, and bake 8 to 9 minutes, for really unique pizzas!