Mushroom and Onion Tacos
Total Time 25 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion, halved and sliced
- 5 large portobello mushrooms, halved and sliced
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Flour Tortillas, warmed following pack instructions
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- Soured cream
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the rest of the oil and the mushrooms to the pan, raise the heat and cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes until tender and browned.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the taco seasoning mix and water. Cook gently for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile warm the tortillas as directed on the packaging.
- Divide the mushroom mixture between the warmed tortillas and top with crumbled feta. Fold and serve with guacamole and soured cream.
- Add extra protein to this dish by stirring in 100g tinned black beans or red kidney beans with the taco seasoning and water.
- Use a mix of different mushrooms, if liked. Why not try sliced chestnut and shiitake with some halved button mushrooms.