Roasted Vegetable Enchiladas
Total Time 1 Hours
Spice Level Mild
- 1 Old El Paso™ Cheesy Baked Enchilada Kit
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing (25g)
- 150ml water
- 1 x 210g can or 1/2 x 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed (130g)
- 80g kale, hard stalks removed
- 40g reduced fat mature cheddar, finely grated
About 600g mixed vegetables for roasting, e.g:
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced (60g)
- 1 small courgette, thinly sliced (100g)
- 1 red or yellow pepper, thinly sliced (160g)
- 1 small sweet potato, cut into 1cm pieces (150g)
- half an aubergine, diced (130g)
- Preheat oven to 220°C (Fan 180°C; gas mark 7).
- Prepare the vegetables and toss in 1 tbsp vegetable oil; place in a single layer on a baking tray and cook for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and reduce to 180°C (fan 160°C; gas mark 4).
- Mix the seasoning from the meal kit with 150ml hot water and both pouches of cooking sauce.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan, add the kale and cook for a few minutes until wilted. Add the kidney beans and half of the cooking sauce mixture, bring to the boil and simmer for a few minutes. Stir in the roasted vegetables.
- Warm the tortillas according to the pack instructions, and grease an ovenproof dish.
- Place a large spoonful of the vegetable mixture onto the centre of each tortilla, roll and place in the dish.
- Spoon over the remaining cooking sauce mixture finely and sprinkle with finely grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- This recipe is great for reducing food waste – try using other vegetables that you have in the fridge e.g. baby spinach, mushrooms, or leftover roasted vegetables.
- Cook some extra roasted vegetables and enjoy the next day as roasted vegetable and hummus wraps.
- Try with any other cheese that you have, e.g. 40g grated hard cheese or ½ pack (65g) thinly sliced reduced fat soft mozzarella.
- Serve with mixed salad leaves, smashed avocado or homemade slaw made with shredded red cabbage, carrots & onion.