Slow-Cooker Santa Fe Turkey Breast
Total Time 5 Hours 15 Minutes
Spice Level Hot
- 1 boneless turkey breast (1.6 kg), thawed if frozen
- 1 jar (226 g) Old El Paso™ Thick 'n Chunky Salsa
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons chipotle paste
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Mixed salad leaves
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™
- Grease or spray a slow cooker with oil or cooking spray. Place the turkey breast into the cooker. Mix the salsa, honey, and chipotle paste, in a small bowl and pour over the turkey.
- Grease or spray a slow cooker with oil or cooking spray. Place the turkey breast into the cooker. Mix the salsa, honey, and chipotle paste, in a small bowl and pour over the turkey. Cover and cook on a Low heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or until thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the turkey from the cooker. Discard the skin and cut into slices. Cover in foil while you prepare the sauce.
- Pour the cooking juices into a medium sauce pan. In a small bowl, mix the cornflour and cold water until smooth then pour into the cooking juices. Cook over a medium heat, stirring, until the mixture comes to the boil. Turn down to a low heat and continue to cook for 2 minutes until thickened. Serve drizzled over the turkey.
- Slice and wrap up into soft flour tortillas with salad leaves, guacamole, salsa and a little cheese.
- Spice up your Sunday roast with this smoky turkey breast. Serve with roast potatoes, steamed veg and the spicy sauce!