Tangy Lemon & Rocket Guacamole
Prep 20 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hours 20 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 50g rocket, plus extra to garnish
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, stones removed and flesh chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place the rocket, garlic, spring onion, lemon juice, avocado and parsley in a food processor and pulse until almost smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in the salt. Season with freshly ground black pepper, if you like.
- Cover the surface closely with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour to allow the flavours to blend. Garnish with the extra rocket and some freshly ground black pepper and serve.
- Watercress can be used in place of rocket, if you like, as it has a similar peppery flavour. Or try a mix of both.
- For a more pronounced lemon flavour add 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest or 50g drained and chopped preserved lemon.
- Don’t just dip! Make a delicious pasta salad by stirring a few spoonfuls of the guac into cold cooked gluten-free penne pasta along with an extra squeeze of lemon juice. Add flaked poached salmon fillet and cooked peeled prawns, if you like.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.