Vegan Portobello Mushroom & Pepper Fajitas
Total Time 40 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 2 ripe avocados, stone removed, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander, plus extra to garnish
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges, to serve
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 6 portobello mushrooms, cut into 5mm slices
- 1 Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Fajita Kit
- Place the avocados, chopped coriander and half the lime juice in a bowl and roughly mash together with a fork. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion and peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften. Add the rest of the oil and the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the seasoning mix from the fajita kit and the remaining lime juice and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms are tender.
- Heat the tortillas to pack instructions. Place some of the mushroom and pepper mixture, a drizzle of salsa and a couple of spoonfuls of guacamole onto each tortilla. Garnish with extra coriander and roll up. Serve with the extra lime wedges.
- Try not to stir the mushrooms too much during cooking as the slices can break apart.
- You may need to cook the mushroom and pepper mixture in two batches if you don’t have a large enough frying pan.
- Cooking Vegan? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegan. Products and ingredient sources can change.