- 20g butter, melted
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Stand 'N' Stuff Mini Soft Flour Tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 250g lean beef mince
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar (344g) Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 75ml water
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, drained and chopped
- 60g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (170ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 5.
- Brush the melted butter all over the mini tortillas and place in a large rectangular ovenproof dish. Bake for 5-8 minutes until brown and firm to the touch. The tortillas will crisp slightly as they cool.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes then add the garlic and beef and cook for 5 minutes, stirring all the time, until the beef is browned. Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in the jalapeños, enchilada sauce and water and simmer for a further 10 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon the mixture into the tortillas and top with the grated cheese. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Serve garnished with chopped spring onions.
Got a crowd to feed? This recipe is easily doubled - just cook up double the ingredients and use 2 large baking dishes.
For a milder flavour replace the sliced jalapenos with 1 chopped green pepper.