- Cooking spray or vegetable oil for greasing
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tin (425g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 pack (326g) Old El Paso™ Super Soft Regular Flour Tortillas, heated
- 200g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 jar (344g) Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4. Grease a 28 x 18cm (2 litre) baking dish with cooking spray or oil. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5-10 minutes, until softened. Add in the cumin and continue to cook for 2 minutes before stirring in the beans.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the bean mixture in the center of each warm tortilla. Divide the cheese between the tortillas, reserving 1/4 to sprinkle on top. Roll up tightly and place seam side down in the baking dish. Spoon the enchilada sauce over the tortillas and scatter over the reserved cheese. Grease a large sheet of foil with cooking spray or oil and cover the baking dish, grease side down.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted. Remove the foil and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the cheese has begun to turn golden.
TipsMake it meaty – add fried chicken strips to your bean mixture.
Serve with a salad, Old El Paso™ Thick ‘N’ Chunky Salsa and freshly made guacamole for an extra treat.