- 500 g cooked chicken, shredded or finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tin (425 g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained, rinsed
- 125 g cooked white rice
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Super Soft Regular Flour Tortillas (8 count)
- 350 g Cheddar cheese, grated
- Cooking spray or vegetable oil
- 1 jar (226 g) Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky Salsa
- 125 g soured cream
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken, pepper, spring onions, beans and rice. Top half of a tortilla with some chicken mixture and some of the cheese. Repeat with remaining tortillas dividing chicken mixture and cheese evenly between the 8 tortillas. Fold each tortilla over filling, press down slightly. Mist each of the top halves of the tortillas with the cooking spray or lightly brush with oil.
- Heat 30 cm non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Place 2 filled tortillas at a time, sprayed sides down, into the pan. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and hot. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and sour cream.
A shredded lettuce salad tossed with slices of ripe olives, avocado and tomatoes makes a nice accompaniment to these quesadillas.