- 4 teaspoons caramelized onion chutney or tomato chutney
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Regular Flour Tortillas
- 1 x 250g pack Cheddar cheese slices (10 slices)
- 125g pack honey roast ham slices (6 large slices)
- 125g Old El Paso™ Soured Cream
- 125g Old El Paso™ Chunky Guacamole
- Spread 1 teaspoon of the caramelized onion or tomato chutney over each of 4 of the tortillas. Top each with 2 1/2 slices of cheese, cutting the slices to roughly fit the shape of each tortilla. Place 1 1/2 slices ham on top of each layer of cheese. Don’t worry if the ham and cheese slices don’t reach right to the edge of each tortilla. Top with the remaining 4 tortillas, pressing down gently.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a low-medium heat. Cook the quesadillas, in batches, for 45-60 seconds on each side until golden and the cheese just starts to melt. Remove from the pan with a spatula to a chopping board.
- Using Christmas-shaped cookie cutters such as stars, trees, candy canes and snowmen (see Tips) stamp out about 6 shapes from each filled tortilla. Serve warm with Old El Paso™ Soured Cream and Chunky Guacamole to dip.
Use metal cookie cutters to get a clean cut and stamp out a mix of shapes from each filled tortilla. The cutters should be between 8-9cm long and 4-7cm wide.
If cooking with kids, take care to allow quesadillas to cool 2-3 minutes, or until cool enough for children to handle safely.