- Cooking spray or oil, for greasing
- 750g boneless pork shoulder joint, string removed and discarded
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Hot & Spicy Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 120ml chicken stock
- 180g bag Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™
- 225g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 jar (215g) Old El Paso ™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, drained
- Spring onions, chopped
- Soured Cream
To make Carnitas:
- Spray or grease a large slow cooker with cooking spray or oil. Place the pork into the slow cooker and sprinkle over the taco seasoning mix, reserving 1 tablespoon for the nachos.
- Pour over the chicken stock then cover and cook on a High heat setting for 4-5 hours, or Low heat setting 8-9 hours, or until tender. Remove from slow cooker and shred with fork, discarding any excess fat.
To make Nachos:
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (180ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 6. Grease a large baking dish (about 1.5 litres) with oil and spread half of the Nachips™into the dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the cheese and reserved tablespoon of taco seasoning mix. Sprinkle one third of cheese mixture over Nachips™. Spoon half of reserved carnitas mixture over the Nachips™ followed by half of the jalapeños. Repeat layers ending with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Top with the spring onions and serve with soured cream.
Tips• Great served with lime wedges, coriander and Old El Paso™ Thick ‘N’ Chunky Salsa.
• Alternatively try with roasted shredded chicken.