- 1/2 can (8 oz) Old El Paso™ Refried Beans
- 1/2 can black beans
- 2 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 2 tsp Old El Paso™ Spice Mix for Original Smoky BBQ Fajitas
- Salt - to taste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Freshly ground black pepper, parsley, to taste
- 4 good-quality burger buns
- Drain the black beans and add them to a bowl with the breadcrumbs, egg, chopped pepper, and garlic powder. Stir in the Old El Paso Spice Mix. Make sure the mixture holds well together, adding more breadcrumbs if necessary. Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into 4-inch patties.
- Refrigerate the uncooked patties for at least 10 minutes to firm up. Heat 4 tbsp of olive oil in a large (12 inch) skillet over medium-high heat. Add the patties and cook, turning only once, until a crisp brown crust forms on both sides. This should take approximately 5 minutes in total
- Top the burgers as desired, sharp cheddar cheese and guacamole are great options. The burgers can be saved in the fridge for a few days.