• 250g orzo pasta
• 2 sweetcorn
• 1 tin (425g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
• 150g Cheddar cheese, cubed
• 150g cucumber, chopped
• 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
• 2 spring onions, sliced
• 2 tomatoes, cubed
• 1 large handful fresh coriander, chopped
• 60ml mayonnaise
• 60g soured cream
• Juice of 1 lime
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
Instructions1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan according to pack instructions. Adding in the sweetcorn for the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Drain again.
2. Combine all the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
3. Cut the corn from the cob with a sharp knife and add to the salad. Add the cooked pasta and mix well. Pour in the dressing and mix well then serve.
- Stir through some salad leaves such as watercress, rocket or spinach and serve as a main course rather than a side dish.
- Prepare this salad in advance, cover and chill in the refrigerator for several hours. Just before serving, check to make sure the salad is creamy. Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk if the salad seems dry.