- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 padron peppers, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 tin (400g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N' Stuff Whole Wheat Soft Tortillas
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 3 tablespoons roasted pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (180ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 6. Spread the sweet potatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle over 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with half the salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 35-40 minutes until tender and lightly browned.
- Mix together the lime juice and honey in a small bowl.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pradon peppers and onion and cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the oregano, chipotle powder and remaining salt and pepper and cook for a further 2-4 minutes, stirring until the onions are tender.
- Add the roasted sweet potatoes and black beans to the frying pan and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until beans are heated through. Meanwhile, heat the tortillas as directed on the packaging.
- Divide the vegetable mixture between the tortillas and drizzle a little of the lime and honey dressing over each. Scatter over the spring onions and roasted pumpkin seeds.
To roast pumpkin seeds, spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast in a very hot oven for about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden.
If chipotle powder is unavailable use a teaspoon of chipotle paste instead.