- 200g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 50g red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tins (425g each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Old El Paso™ Sweet Paprika & Garlic Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 8 Old El Paso™ Regular Super Soft Flour Tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, stone removed, peeled and chopped
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- Mix the shredded cabbages, coriander and lime juice in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and beans, cook for 2-3 minutes until the onion begins to soften. Stir in the taco seasoning and 100ml water. Simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
- Heat the tortillas according to the pack instructions. Spoon over some of the bean mixture, then top with the shredded cabbage mixture. Scatter over some avocado, spring onions and tomatoes, and fold to serve.
- Cooking Vegan? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegan. Products and ingredient sources can change.
- Add some finely grated carrot and apple to the cabbage mixture, if you like.
- For an extra spicy flavour add a finely chopped red chilli to the onion and bean mixture.