Asian-Style Gluten Free Chicken Fajitas
Total Time 45 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 Gluten Free Smoky BBQ Fajita Kit
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 500g chicken fillets
- 1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 200g of cooked green beans
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- Coriander, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds (optional)
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoon of peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- To make these Asian-style gluten free chicken fajitas, heat a little oil in a frying pan and sizzle the chicken over medium heat until golden. Add the salt, pepper, seasoning mix and a small glass of water to the pan. Cook for 20 minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the ingredients together and keep in the fridge.
- In a bowl, mix together the red cabbage, iceberg lettuce, green beans, grated carrots, red pepper, onion, coriander and sesame seeds. Add in the dressing. With a fork, pull apart the chicken and add it to the salad.
- Heat the gluten free tortillas:
Microwave: Pierce the pack and place it in the microwave. Heat for 35 seconds on full power (800 watts). Open the pack and separate the tortillas.
Pan: Heat a pan and toast the tortillas for 5 seconds on both sides. Wrap in a tea towel to steam.
- To serve, add the mayonnaise, the chicken salad and the tomato salsa on the tortilla. Then, just fold and enjoy your Asian-inspired gluten free chicken fajitas!
- You can also mix the mayonnaise with chilli sauce to spice up your dish!