Banana Split Stand 'N Stuff™ Dessert Tacos
Total Time 30 Minutes
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Stand ‘N’ Stuff Soft Flour Tortillas
- 8 small scoops chocolate ice cream
- 8 small scoops strawberry ice cream
- 8 small scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 80 g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 150 g double cream
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
- 16 red cocktail cherries, with or without stems
- Heat 5-6 cm of vegetable oil in a large deep pan or deep fat fryer, to 180°C, or until a small piece of bread browns in 10 seconds.
- Cook the tortillas, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes, until golden brown then remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a kitchen roll lined baking sheet. Leave to cool slightly before serving.
- Fill each tortilla with the 3 different types of ice cream and divide the slices of banana between them.
- Melt the chocolate and oil in a small bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, until smooth. Drizzle over the ice cream and bananas.
- Whisk the double cream with the icing sugar, in a medium bowl, until soft peaks form, and spoon over the tortillas before serving with the cocktail cherries.
- Fresh fruits are a great addition to these dessert tacos. Why not try fresh raspberries, strawberries or blueberries.
- Bring an extra texture to the dish by serving with chopped nuts. Hazelnuts, peanuts and pecans would all work well.