Kansas City BBQ Nachos
Total Time 50 Minutes
Spice Level Medium
- 1 pack (590g) BBQ pulled pork
- 1 tin (390g) kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 180g Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, drained and chopped
- 175g ready-grated Cheddar cheese
- Spring onions, shredded
- Soured cream
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (180ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 6. Line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
- Cook the BBQ pulled pork in a shallow roasting following the packaging directions. Cool for 10 minutes then shred the meat with 2 forks and mix with the pouch of BBQ sauce (from the pack). Transfer to a bowl and stir in the kidney beans.
- Spread half the Nachips™ over the baking sheet and top with half the pork mixture. Scatter over half of the jalapeños and cheese. Repeat the layers once more.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until piping hot and the cheese has melted. Serve immediately, topped with shredded spring onions with soured cream on the side.
- To microwave instead of bake, layer the nachos on a microwavable plate. Microwave uncovered on Medium (50%) 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. You may need to do this in two batches.
- For a milder flavor, replace the jalapeños with chopped spring onions or green pepper.