Mexican Pork and Beans Casserole
Total Time 1 Hours 15 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 500g pork mince
- 1 tin (about 400g) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Garlic & Paprika Seasoning Mix for Tacos
- 275g Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 120ml water
- 1/2 jar (215g) Old El Paso™ Sliced Green Jalapeños, chopped
- 6 Old El Paso™ Super Soft Regular Corn Tortillas, cut in half, then cut crosswise into 2cm strips
- 110g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC (170ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 5. Cook the pork over a medium-high heat, in a large frying pan, for 5 minutes, stirring, until no longer pink.
- Stir the beans, seasoning mix, enchilada sauce, water, jalapeños and tortilla strips into the pork mince, and combine before transferring into a large 2 litre casserole dish.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until heated through. Stir the casserole then scatter over the cheese. Remove the foil and continue to bake for 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with the tomato on top.
- For a change, try this casserole with beef mince or turkey mince instead of the pork.
Serve alongside a salad of tomatoes, cucumber and lettuce.