Smoky BBQ Pork Fajita Enchiladas
Total Time 1 Hours 15 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus extra to grease
- 500g pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 pack Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Fajita Kit
- 250g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- Old El Paso™ Chunky Guacamole
- Old El Paso™ Soured Cream
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 5. Lightly grease a large ovenproof baking dish (about 32cm x 22cm).
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook without stirring for 3-4 minutes. Stir, then add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and the onion, peppers and spice mix from the kit. Continue to cook for 7-10 minutes, or until vegetables are browned on edges, stirring frequently.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of the salsa from the kit in the base of the baking dish. Evenly divide the pork mixture and 190g of the cheese (about 2 tablespoons each) down the centre of each tortilla and roll up. Place seam-side down in the baking dish.
- Spoon the rest of the salsa over the top and scatter over the rest of the grated cheese. Cover the dish with greased foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 8-10 minutes until the top is golden and bubbling. Let stand for 5 minutes. Scatter over the coriander and serve with the guacamole and soured cream.
- No pork tenderloin? Boneless pork loin steaks make an excellent substitute. Just be sure to trim off any excess fat before slicing into strips.
- Make it your own! Mix it up with your favourite ingredients. Try chicken breast instead of pork, or swap out mozzarella cheese for the Cheddar.