South of the Border Pasta Salad
Total Time 40 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 250g orzo pasta
- 2 sweetcorn
- 1 tin (425g) Old El Paso™ Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 150g Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 150g cucumber, chopped
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 large handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 60ml mayonnaise
- 60g soured cream
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan according to pack instructions. Adding in the sweetcorn for the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool. Drain again.
- Combine all the remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl. Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Cut the corn from the cob with a sharp knife and add to the salad. Add the cooked pasta and mix well. Pour in the dressing and mix well then serve.
- Stir through some salad leaves such as watercress, rocket or spinach and serve as a main course rather than a side dish.
- Prepare this salad in advance, cover and chill in the refrigerator for several hours. Just before serving, check to make sure the salad is creamy. Stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk if the salad seems dry.