Vegetarian Fajita Burritos
Total Time 25 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ Smoky Barbecue Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 6 Old El Paso™ Large Flour Tortillas
- 250g pouch microwave long grain white rice
- 120g rinsed and drained Old El Paso™ Black Beans (from 1 x 425g tin)
- 250g ready-grated mozzarella cheese
- 100g Old El Paso™ Thick 'N Chunky Salsa
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the onion and peppers and cook for 4-5 minutes until beginning to soften. Stir in the seasoning mix and lime juice and cook for a further 1-2 minutes until liquid is absorbed.
- Warm the tortillas to pack instructions. Place tortillas on chopping board. Heat the rice in the microwave to pack instructions.
- Spread 1/6 each of the rice and beans in a line towards the bottom of each tortilla, leaving at least 2.5cm on all sides. Top each with 1/6 of the cheese. Divide the vegetables evenly among the tortillas and top each with about 1 tablespoon of salsa.
- For each burrito, fold the sides in, overlapping to enclose the filling. Roll up from the bottom of the tortilla. Place seam-side down on a microwaveable plate and microwave on High (100%) for 50 seconds -1 minute, or until the burrito is steaming and cheese is melted. Serve sprinkled with coriander.
- Warming the tortillas makes them more pliable so they are easier to fold.
- For extra Mexican flair, serve with Old El Paso™ Soured Cream and Old El Paso™ Chunky Guacamole.
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.