- Vegetable oil, for greasing
- 200g easy cook long-grain white rice
- 30g butter, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, cut in 2cm pieces
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 sachet Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Seasoning Mix For Fajitas
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4. Grease a large rectangular baking dish. Spread the rice evenly in the baking dish. Stir in 500ml water and the butter, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- In large bowl, mix the chicken, onion, peppers and seasoning mix. Spoon evenly over the rice mixture in the baking dish. Cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes then remove from the oven and stir thoroughly. Replace the foil and bake for a further 35-40 minutes or until rice is tender, chicken is cooked through and nearly all the liquid has been absorbed. Stir well then serve garnished with the coriander.
Round out your fajita dinner and serve with heated Old El Paso™ Refried Beans.
Leftovers are great stuffed into Old El Paso™ Tortilla Boats or Pockets.
If you want to pack more veg into this dish, stir in 100g frozen peas and 1 x 198g can sweetcorn about 20 minutes before the end of cooking time.