- 2 ripe avocados, stone removed, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander, plus extra to garnish
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges, to serve
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 6 portobello mushrooms, cut into 5mm slices
- 1 Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Fajita Kit
- Place the avocados, chopped coriander and half the lime juice in a bowl and roughly mash together with a fork. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a high heat. Add the onion and peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes until beginning to soften. Add the rest of the oil and the mushrooms and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the seasoning mix from the fajita kit and the remaining lime juice and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the mushrooms are tender.
- Heat the tortillas to pack instructions. Place some of the mushroom and pepper mixture, a drizzle of salsa and a couple of spoonfuls of guacamole onto each tortilla. Garnish with extra coriander and roll up. Serve with the extra lime wedges.
Try not to stir the mushrooms too much during cooking as the slices can break apart.
You may need to cook the mushroom and pepper mixture in two batches if you don’t have a large enough frying pan.
Cooking Vegan? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegan. Products and ingredient sources can change.