Bacon and Egg Enchiladas
Total Time 55 Minutes
Spice Level Medium
- Cooking spray or oil, to grease
- 12 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 8 medium eggs
- 75ml semi skimmed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 jars (344g) Old El Paso™ Cooking Sauce for Enchiladas
- 1 pack (326g) Old El Paso™ Super Soft Regular Flour Tortillas (8 count)
- 175g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (180ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 6. Grease a rectangular baking dish, 33x23cm, with cooking spray or oil. Place the bacon onto a baking tray and cook in the oven for 12-15 minutes, until crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and turn the temperature down 180ºC (160ºC for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 4. Break the bacon into pieces.
- Beat the eggs together with the milk and cumin in medium bowl and season. Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium high heat and pour in the egg mixture. Cook for 5 minutes, lifting and folding the eggs a few times, until just cooked. Remove from the heat.
- Pour half of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the baking dish. Divide the egg and bacon between the tortillas, then top with 3/4 of the cheese. Roll up and place seam side down into the baking dish and pour over the remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Cook for 25 minutes, until melted and beginning to turn golden.
- Serve these enchiladas with a soured cream and garnish with chopped fresh coriander.
- Stir freshly chopped coriander into the egg mixture for added flavour.
- Cook mushrooms and garlic together and stir into the egg mixture for an extra veggie hit.