Cheesy Mushroom and Spinach Taquitos
Total Time 35 Minutes
Spice Level Mild
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ Smoky BBQ Seasoning Mix For Fajitas (from 1 x 35g sachet)
- 50g butter
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 225g chestnut mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 8 Old El Paso™ Regular Flour Tortillas
- 200g Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (180°C for fan assisted ovens), gas mark 6. Grease large rectangular baking dish with oil. In small bowl, mix the 2 tablespoons of oil and 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix.
- Melt the butter in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and peppers and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining tablespoon of seasoning mix and 50ml water. Stir in the spinach and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often, or until the spinach wilts and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle each tortilla with 3 tablespoons of the cheese. Divide the vegetable mixture evenly among tortillas. Roll each one up tightly and place, seam-side down, in the dish.
- Brush tops of the filled tortillas with the oil mixture. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the filling is hot and taquitos are crispy. Sprinkle with the coriander and serve.
- Make it your own! Try out different cheeses, such as ready-grated mozzarella or Red Leicester. Or use different greens, like kale or rocket.
- For extra Mexican flair, serve with Old El Paso™ Soured Cream and Old El Paso™ Chunky Guacamole.
- Cooking Vegetarian? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is vegetarian. Products and ingredient sources can change.