Bayou Sausage Jambalaya
Total Time 1 Hours
Spice Level Mild
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 250 g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 400 g boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 jars (226 g) Old El Paso™ Salsa
- 250 g basmati rice
- 850 ml water
- Lime wedges
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan and cook the onion and pepper, over a medium/high heat, for 5 minutes, then add the chorizo and chicken pieces and cook for a further 5 to 10 minutes until cooked through and golden. Stir in the Cajun seasoning for the last 2 minutes.
- Pour in the salsa, rice and water and stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15-20 minutes, until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked through. Season and serve with lime wedges.
- Stir through a pack of baby spinach leaves at the end for a quick vegetable addition.
- For an added kick, why not add in some chopped fresh red chilli. Stir in for the last 2 minutes of cooking the chorizo and chicken.
- Serve with Old El Paso™ Original Nachips™ and salsa.